The Essential Checklist To Buying A Home
As an experienced mortgage specialist, I understand that buying a new home can be a challenge. The hunt for funding for your dream home can be viewed as a stressful or laborious task, but with a little preparation, you can handle the home buying process quickly and easily.
As an expert mortgage broker, I’ve created a handy checklist to help you complete the homeownership process with as little stress as possible. Follow this checklist to have the mortgage and home of your dreams in no time.
1. Find a mortgage broker with sufficient experience to guide you through the mortgage process.
2. Provide all of your correct contact details like name, phone number, and email when requested.
3. Read through the agreement of purchase and sale.
4. Check the MLS listing to see different properties (with photographs) that may interest you.
5. Provide proof of down payment like savings, proof of sale of a house, or a gift letter.
6. Obtain signed copies of mortgage disclosure or approval.
7. Maintain your job letters and current paystubs.
8. Collect a Notice of Assessment.
9. Have a home appraisal done.
10. Consult with a lawyer to avoid loopholes in the purchase contract.
11. Acquire home insurance.
12. Maintain photo identification.
If you have any concerns about buying a new home or about obtaining the right mortgage for your needs, reach out to Angela Milosevic, the top mortgage broker in Cambridge, Ontario. I have over twelve years of experience as a mortgage broker and have successfully assisted clients with home purchases, mortgage refinances for debt consolidation, mortgage refinances for home renovation or investment, mortgages for the self-employed, investment properties, vacation or second home properties, mortgages for those with past or present credit problems, and commercial mortgages.